.

.A work of art contains its verifications in itself; artificial, strained concepts do not with stand the test of being turned into images;they fall to pieces,turn out to be sickly and pale, convince no one. Works which draw on truth and present it to us in live and concentrated form grip us, compellingly involve us, and no one ever, not even ages hence, will come forth to refute them.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Thursday, March 31, 2011

FREEDOM ARTS ON THE STREET; CAMBERLY


Free Art

Here is some of Fane Flaws Art being given it's freedom, back into into the community, through the Peoples Revolutionary Arts Councils Freedom Arts Project

I came riding back past about 10 minutes after this one was put out, and saw a bunch of kids looking real excited about their find.
Looks like this piece found a new happy home.





Fane's art connecting directly with people in the hood.
When I was hanging this t shirt out, a couple of kids asked what the hell I was doing, when I told them, one said "I know what this is, it's a waste of money", I said he was probably right, but would he like to take this shirt home for his Dad or brother, he said that would be cool, so he did, and that my friends was cool.

Sound track for this action; Stevie Wonder, Innervisions.

FREE ART FOR THE PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment